Monday, February 9, 2009


Green School is a school in Bali, Indonesia that has curriculum based on a "balance of three harmonies that are meant to create peace and happiness"! It teaches students through a experimental, hands on approach. There are conventions held in order to prepare students for the next level of education, but it is not included in their daily stuff! Their blog tells you all this a lot more about their school. It is more of an informative blog that explains philosophy and curriculum, but it's concepts are very neat!

In the top picture, a first grade classroom at the American School in Shanghai, China (Mrs. Toa's class). The blog is very devoted to her students and has pictures of them doing all kinds of activities! Including, Pictures of their birthdays for the current month and of them dressed up for holidays! I was surprised that her class was so diverse. I liked it so much that I subscribed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle

    Thanks for your comment on our blog. We are very lucky to be such a diverse group of students and have such a great school.
    I have just started blogging since the beginning of this school year and it has been a huge learning curve. (I see you started your blog in January) My biggest goal for my blog is to let the students have more input into it and make it more student friendly rather than just a glorified website.

    Any ideas you have or if you see any other great lower elementary blogs, let me know.

    Good luck with your teaching.

    Regards
    Sarah
    http://teachers.saschina.org/stoa/

    ReplyDelete