Wednesday, April 29, 2009

iTunes University

iTunes U provides free educational media that can be used by teachers to obtain information, produce information, and provide it to students. It is a mobile learning network that uses video and audio for educational purposes.
As a teacher I can download lectures, learn about new innovations to teaching, and learn how to use important concepts in my classroom. I can also produce multimedia that goes along with what I am teaching to be used as study aids and additional resources. I do plan to be able purchase Mac software and hardware in the future in order to explore all the possibilities of iTunes U. Examples of software that are useful when producing your own podcast are iLife, and iWork. There are online tools, such as Podcast Producer and Wiki Server, that I can use to contribute to the multimedia resources for students.
The possibilities are endless. As I teacher I will use iTunes U and other information technology to introduce concepts and teach lessons to my students. iTunes U is also excellent to use when continuing my teacher education and being a lifelong learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment