Thursday, April 30, 2009

Project 6 Conversation with Sarah Toa

When I was looking for international blogs to review I came across Sarah Toa's Blog. Sarah Toa is a first grade teacher at the Shanghai American School. She had a very fun blog and I loved her ideas. I commented on her blog, and she emailed to back ask me how I found her and thanked me for commenting. For project 6, I emailed her back and asked her about how she used technology in her classroom. She was more than happy to respond.

She loves using technology in her classroom and is always trying to find more ways to include it. She will read other teacher's blogs and try to figure out new ways to use technology. She may learn about a new website or a new way to record video in the classroom. Almost all of her blog entries have video or audio attached to them. She told me that blogging is her favorite because she gets to share her class with the world and she feels like that is pretty exciting. She follows teacher's blogs from around the world and they follow her blog. She communicates with other teachers often through blogging. I asked her how she recorded her students and got it onto her blog because I think that video being posted along with text describing what they are learning is really neat. She just started using flip cameras in her class to record students talking about they learned each week. They are called flip cameras because they have a USB connector that flips out and plugs directly into the computer. It can take pictures or record video.
Other forms of technology that she uses in her classroom are SmartBoards, fun educational websites, and Wikis.

Here is an awesome website that she just found this week!! Click Here to build your Wild Self!

Visit Sarah Toa's Blog by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment