Thursday, April 30, 2009

What I Learned in EDM 310 Spring Semester 2009

This semester, I have learned so much in EDM 310. There are so many useful forms of technology that are useful to teachers and there will be even more by the time I am a teacher. I have learned how to use Google resources. I like Google Docs because it allows me to create word docs or spreadsheets that I can access online without always having to have my computer. I like Google Docs because of its collaborative capabilities. Podcasts were another assignment that I learned a lot from. I think this will definitely be something I will use in my classroom. It is neat for children to be able to listen and watch themselves learn. I will post my class podcasts on my class blog once I become a teacher. Yes, I think that I am definitely convinced to be a professional blogger. It is important to have an online resource that connects to your class in order to communicate ideas to students, parents, and other teachers. Alex is of course technology that I will use to help with lesson plans and curriculum. My favorite thing that I will use as a teacher is iTunes. I love having access to educational audio and video. I like iTunes much better than uTube, but then again they have differences that make each of them useful. I will definitely explore Twitter more and try to apply in my classroom as multimedia for group discussions.
I have learned so much in EDM 310 this Spring. Thank You Dr. Strange, not only fo teaching me some valuable things, but for helping me realize their is still so much I don't know and should explore in order to become a more effective educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment